Protecting your data is our priority
Admitad respects the user’s right to privacy and protects personal data that our users agree to entrust us with. We comply with GDPR and ePrivacy and believe that every company engaged in online marketing and affiliate marketing should be expected to take data protection seriously. On this page, we'll give details about the GDPR and ePrivacy and discuss what exactly we do to protect users' data.
What is GDPR
GDPR main provisions
- Companies must gain the user’s consent before using their personal data.
- Users have the right to refuse or withdraw their consent; if they do, their personal data must not be collected.
- Companies have the right to collect, store, and use personal data only to the extent necessary to provide a service.
- All information regarding the use of personal data must be simply and clearly presented.
- Companies must protect data they are processing or storing, from unsanctioned or unlawful processing, destruction, and damage.
What data is considered personal data
Personal data is any data that could directly or indirectly identify the user, such as:
- Phone number
- IP address, etc.
What is ePrivacy
This is a document that, jointly with GDPR, regulates the use of personal data—the ePrivacy Directive. Its focus is narrower—it deals with online communications (messengers, videolink, email). Its goal is to create a standard procedure for receiving, storing, and processing EU users' personal data, that will be followed by all online communications services.Оfficial ePrivacy section on the European Commission's website
How GDPR and ePrivacy affect Admitad
Admitad collects and processes publishers' and advertisers' data in order to provide them with high-quality services (such as tracking actions correctly).Since many publishers and advertisers are EU residents, GDPR and ePrivacy apply to us. We take compliance seriously:
- We checked all our existing products to make sure they comply with the GDPR and ePrivacy regulations and made the necessary adjustments;
- We take these documents' provisions into account when developing new products;
- We enhanced our workflow on protecting the data we store and process.
Do Admitad publishers and advertisers need to comply with GDPR and ePrivacy?
Publishers and advertisers need to comply with the regulations if:
- They process EU users' data
- They process user data in the territory of the EU
- They provide services or conduct sales activity in the territory of the EU